...who is already almost 6 months old...
...apparently whenever you have a baby, time moves at warp speed. Literally. Warp. Speed. So no guarantees I'll be any better at posting here{considering most nights I'm doing good to remember to brush my teeth! :-) }, but I'll sure guarantee I'll do my best! Since our little blessing arrived, I haven't had much time to craft or cook, but we're finally starting to get into a bit of routine and I'm beginning to get back into those hobbies. The last big project I really worked on was Cade's nursery. When we found out we were having a boy, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for his nursery theme! I come from a hunting family, and I married into a hunting family. The answer was simple: lots and lots of Camo! A cute nursery that Cade can grow into without us having to change things up too much!
Here are some photos of the finished product!
My sweet and creative sister-in-law, Shae made the awesome Camo letters as a shower gift with some wooden Hobby Lobby letters, scrapbooking paper, and a little Modge Podge! The rocking chair was actually my grandparents, and we were so exicted when it matched the nursery set so well!
The rocking horse was actually mine when I was little, and the letters on Mr. Cade's door were made by my friend Lauren's sweet sister Shannon with her Cricuit!
Lauren also gave us the amazing sign that she bought for us on Etsy. :-)
I've gotten camoflauge curtains put up since these pictures were taken. I'll be sure to take some updated photos soon and share the somewhat final product with you! I'm hoping to eventually find a set of 3 alpine Christmas trees and a little tent to put in the corner of the room for an awesome reading nook! I know it will be awhile before Cade can enjoy it, but I would have loved to have a get-away like that in my room when I was his age! I'm always on the look-out for finishing touches to add to my sweet boy's room!
We are so thankful for the many blessings our good Lord has given us this past year, and can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the new year! May you and your family have a blessed 2014!

No comments:
Post a Comment